Sunday, September 12, 2010

$20 CHINESE FOOD!!!

I cannot BEGIN to describe to you how excited I get about the start of each NFL season, so I won’t.

Ruff version 20.10 is (or at least tries to be) shorter on verbage. So instead I’m just gonna direct you to this video of one of my fav Nike commercials. I’ve posted through various media many times before and while technically it’s about basketball, it still aptly describes my enthusiasm and zeal for what we are now only MINUTES away from.

Enjoy.

SUNDAY EARLY GAMES

Panthers @ The New York Football Giants -6 (O/U 41)

These two squads would like to be mirror images of each other and they should be. But Carolina wishes it had the QB and receiving weapons that The Giants had while NY wishes it still had a powerful rushing attack like that of The Panthers.

As always I’m not a fan of capping Giants games but this over looks interesting and I THINK the Giants have it in them to actually cover one of the highest week 1.

Do what you will.

DOLPHINS @ Buffalo +3

I’ve been referring to the Miami Dolphins as the South Beach Wildcats for about 3 years in this column but if I continue to do so now it sounds like I’m riding the wave of So. Beach talk created by LeBron James’ “Decision”. Whatevers, joe. My shit is documented.

Fins cover.

FALCONS @ Heinz Field +1

How is this line only 1? To be fair, Polamalu is prolly more important to this team than Big Bad Benlisberger. But the quarterback IS still important to the team!

Falcons cover.

BROWNS @ East St. Peterburg -3

I’m not wasting more than 10 words on this game. (whoops!)

Cleveland covers.

BRONCOS @ Jacksonville -3

Tough call because both RBs might not be 100%. In the end I just like the Broncos more.

Denver.

COLTS @ Houston +1

This line moved which is great for gamblers because this game is ALWAYS close. If not in points than in competiveness over 60 minutes. A one-point spread makes this an easy call since The Colts always win no matter how close the game is.

INDY.

SUNDAY AFTERNOON GAMES

PACKERS @ Philly +3

I’m not drinking the kool-aid on Kolb and my man-love for Aaron Rodgers (aka: “The Future”) is well documented. This is a no brainer.

AaRodge is a killa!

49ERS @ Seattle +3

Speaking of man-love, my feelings about Coach Singletary have also been given long-shrift in these pages. Vegas truly is lost when it comes to making lines in the first few weeks. Make your money, people! ARROWHEAD

Niners.

CARDINALS @ St. Louis -3.5

Ugh. I’m tempted to take the Rams but not when they’re GIVING points (which they’ll probably do both literally as well as figuratively).

Zona covers.

SUNDAY NIGHT PRIMETIME

Cowboys @ WASHINGTON +3.5

You know how I know I really hate Philly and the Eagles? As soon as they traded McNabb to the Redskins I found myself not hating him as much. If it wasn’t for the fact that he’s still plays for a division rival I would probably root for him to do very well this year which he might do anyway.

I’m taking the points at home.

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

RAVENS @ Meadowlands Stadium -2

I loved HBO’s Hard Knocks as much as the next guy but this is the REAL reality show. Even if you’re a big believer in the Jets there is nothing about them that tells you this won’t be a close game. Personally I think the Ravens win this with RELATIVE ease but either way they’re getting points so I’m taking them.

Chargers @ ARROWHEAD +4.5

Listen. We’re not gonna discuss this. Just do what I say.

Chiefs cover.

PARLAY OF THE WEEK:

As I mentioned before, Vegas is on some crazy shit these first few weeks. They just don’t have enough intel to make good lines. Some will be close but some are way off. Here’s a nice Primetime 10-point Teaser: SKINS +3.5, RAVENS +12, CHIEFS + 4.5

No comments: